Where to park close to hill on Calaveras in

tburmas

Hello,
     I love to ride the hills on Calaveras Road in Sunol.  But I would like to avoid riding on the flat section from downtown Sunol to the hills.  I'm hoping to park my vehicle closer to the hills, perhaps in this area: https://goo.gl/maps/HwXtn1fABekrwWHbA

     I see a lot of "No Trespassing" signs but very few if any "No Parking" signs.  Anyone know if it is legal to park along this road?  I often see cars parked close to the 680 intersection but I'd like to get closer to the hills.

    In case you are wondering, I like to avoid riding the road due to traffic and limited bike lanes - basically safety.  I find there is less traffic on the hills as many vehicles are either going to the quarry or Sunol Regional Wilderness.

Thanks for your help

Daniel Karpelevitch

As long as you are completely off the asphalt and not blocking any gates, it probably won't be a problem. Do so at your own risk though!