TMCR - Whisky Hill Loop

Lori Sommer

Hello,
The good news is it is going to be a fun ride with yummy pastries at Woodside Bakery!  The better news is that we won't actually be doing the Dumbarton Twice as we finish.  Thanks to Ken for catching the erroneous dot that added a few miles.  The ride is only 28.4 miles, not 33.  I've corrected the calendar post and the attachment but there is no need to reprint or redownload the ride...I know no one will do the Dumbarton Twice..will they?
See you at 8:30,
Lori

Thursday, 8 July
08:30
 TMCR across the Dumbarton -Whisky Hill Loop
WhenThu, 8 July, 08:30 – 13:00
WhereParking lot at the base of the Dumbarton Bridge (at the end of Marshlands Rd (map) (map)
DescriptionLength: 28.4 miles
Elevation: 1,026'
Terrain: 2,3
Pace: T,M

Meet at the parking lot at the base of the Dumbarton Bridge (at the end of Marshlands Road) and we will head across the bridge to various destinations.

The specific route for today's ride (https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31461941) will be Base of the Dumbarton to Whisky Hill Loop with coffee at Woodside Bakery (Starbucks option). If you want to significantly reduce mileage you can meet us at our first regroup at Burgess Park, which will cut out 16 miles. Another option which eliminates most of the climbing and lots of miles would be to turn directly to coffee as we pass Sharon Park at mile 11.3 then have a leisurely coffee as you wait to go home with us.  If you want to add more miles, ride to the start  from your home or the Don E Visitor Center and if you are familiar with the area, you can skip Whisky Hill and do a Manzanita loop instead.  Please print the route sheet.

For a flat ride we head through East Palo Alto and along a few paths to Shoreline Park for lunch or along the creek with a bit of shade. For a ride with climbing, we do Woodside Road, Sand Hill/Whisky Hill, Alpine Loop, Arastradero or Edgewood Road. Sometimes climbing is optional. We always stop for coffee ($) and riders are welcome to head back on their own.

Extreme temperatures, park closure, construction, rain, poor air quality or the whim of the ride leader may modify or cancel the route. Check here for updates: info@ffbc.groups.io

Lori Sommer lorimsommer@... 510-693-8624

Riders must follow California and County mask and distancing guidelines (https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/guidance-for-face-coverings.aspx).  Ride leaders are not responsible for enforcing these guidelines.  It is incumbent on riders to follow these guidelines to keep our cycling community safe.