TMCR is ON!

Lori Sommer

Hello,

I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.  Please arrive early and sign in promptly so we can roll at 9:15AM.  If you are running late, text me and you can either catch up with us or drive further out on the route and join us along the way.

It will be hot tomorrow!  The temperature forecast in Milpitas is 72 deg F at 9AM, reaching a high of 91 deg F at 1PM.    Please pick a route that is comfortable for you. I will NOT expect faster riders  to wait at the regroup points for the slowest riders, since slower riders may want to do shorter routes, especially due to the heat.

(510)693-8614

Thursday, 17 June
09:00
 Thursday Morning Coffee Ride - REI to Alum Rock with Shortcuts!
WhenThu, 17 June, 09:00 – 13:00
WhereREI, 43962 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538, USA (map)
DescriptionLength: 34 miles (with shortcuts of -17mi, -7mi, -5mi, -3mi)
Terrain: 2, 3; Pace: T, M

Welcome!!  You are all welcome! This is the first official TMCR in more than a year and we have some catching up to do and hopefully some new friends to meet.  This can be a very easygoing ride or a more difficult one; it is your choice.  Meet along the way, do shortcuts, ride ahead, leave early - just let me know.  This route will repeat in two weeks  and then monthly so you can measure your improvement over time.

Since REI isn't open, please use the facilities at Starbucks or wait until we reach the Alviso Adobe in Milpitas.

We are riding to Alum Rock along the beautiful foothills. This is a route with lots of flexibility -  to push yourself or take it easy and stretch your legs - whichever you like. Take Shortcut 1 directly to coffee and cut your mileage by 17.  Shortcut 2 cuts out 7 miles if you choose to ride to the park entrance (restrooms) then turn around..  Or you may go directly to the set of restrooms at the Youth Center and cut out 5 miles and significant climbing using Shortcut 3.  You may continue on the route, decide to skip Miguelito and only do Inspiration Loop (Shortcut 4, -3miles) or you may be in great shape and do the whole 42miles!  Please review the route sheet in advance and be prepared to follow your plan as I won't be chasing anyone down.  Better yet, find a friend with the same plan and stick together. Let me know if you have any questions.

If you are a slow climber like me, but want to do climbing, consider turning around when you see the faster riders returning OR bring yourself to coffee on your own.

We will have lunch at Starbucks/Noah's Bagels ($) before heading back on a flat route, with no regroups.

Here's the correct route:  https://ridewithgps.com/routes/36345433 Please print the attached cue sheet and put my cell number in your phone in advance.

Extreme temperatures, park closure, construction, rain, poor air quality or the whim of the ride leader may modify or cancel the route. Check here for updates: info@ffbc.groups.io

Lori Sommer: lorimsommer@..., 510-693-8624

Riders must follow California and County mask and distancing guidelines (https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/guidance-for-face-coverings.aspx).  Ride leaders are not responsible for enforcing these guidelines.  It is incumbent on riders to follow these guidelines to keep our cycling community safe.