Thursday Morning Coffee Ride

Lori Sommer

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,

Join us tomorrow as we have a chilly but joyous trip across the Richmond San Rafael Bridge. The sun should be our and it’s a short ride with lots of variety available for lunch or coffee.

Lori & Ken

Thursday, December 26
9:30am
 Thursday Morning Coffee Ride - Richmond San Rafael Bridge
WhenThu, December 26, 9:30am – 2:00pm
WhereBart Way, Fremont, CA, USA (map)
DescriptionLength: 21 miles
Terrain: 2, 3; Pace: T, M

Join us for a out and back across the newly opened bike/pedestrian path across the Richmond San Rafael Bridge with a lunch stop in Larkspur

We will leave from the Fremont Bart Station (2000 Bart Way, Fremont) on the 9:33AM Richmond bound train (an earlier train leaves at 9:18AM) and arrive at Richmond BART (1700 Nevin Ave, Richmond) at 10:32AM, $5.45 one-way. We will have time to use the restroom and then meet upstairs on the plaza near the elevator and plan to roll BEFORE 11AM.

We will get on the Richmond Greenway Trail and admire the murals along the way then take a few streets into Point Richmond and access the new bike trail over the bridge. You are welcome to stop for pictures at the top of the two bumps, everyone will regroup at the bottom then head together through the hole in the fence into Larkspur. Our destination is the Marin Country Mart Shopping Center where there are lots of options for a quick lunch or coffee (Marin Brewery, Rustic Bakery, Starbucks, Johnny Doughnuts, Shake Shack, etc.). On the way back we will ride on Highway 580 (for one exit only, with a buffer zone!), climb the two bumps on the bridge, regroup at the bottom then retrace the route back to Richmond Bart.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31508747

Extreme temperatures, park closure, construction or the whim of the ride leader may modify the route. Rain cancels, check https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics, email or text us.

Lori Sommer: lorimsommer@gmail.com, 510-693-8624
Ken Goldman: Ken.goldman@comcast.net, 510-378-5027