Topics

Sunday - LAP 10 Metric

Cindy M

It isn't too late to join us for the final fun LAP ride!  After 10 weeks we are finishing up with a metric century full of scenic climbs and descents out in Pleasanton, Livermore & Danville.  Climbs include Windemere, Collier, and Del Valle and a peaceful, scenic ride on Doolan Rd. There are two food stops (at miles 35 and 59) with plenty of choices and a Starbucks at each of them. The route sheet is attached for you to print out and bring to the ride.

If you aren't up for the entire metric, make the ride your own.  We have three options for you to reduce mileage and skip climbing!  Whatever works best for you is great for us.

Please contact us if you have any questions.  We hope to see you on Sunday! Oh yes, remember to set your clocks ahead the night before - it’s Daylight Savings Time!

Cindy, Lori & Ken

Sun Mar 11, 9:00AM

TITLE: FFBC 2018 LAP 10  Metric

MILEAGE/ELEVATION GAIN: 64/3040’

DATE:  3/11/18

TIME: 9:00AM

START:   Dublin/Pleasanton BART parking lot. (IMPORTANT! NOT the WEST Dublin/Pleasanton BART station!)

Our last ride of the LAP series is a metric century dreamed up last year by Ken.  The route will take us through the green hills of Pleasanton, Livermore and Danville.  Some of the climbs will be familiar to you, but don’t worry, we are not doing the Bernal Bump again!  Climbs include Windemere, Collier, and Del Valle and a peaceful, scenic ride on Doolan Rd. There will be several shortcut options on the route sheet so you can easily reduce overall mileage and climbing.  There are two food stops (at 35 and 59 miles) with plenty of choices and a Starbucks at each of them. See the route here: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26490581.

Our start location is at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART parking lot. (IMPORTANT! NOT the WEST Dublin/Pleasanton BART station!)  Traveling on I-580, take the Hopyard exit South and turn left on Owens Dr.  Meet in the first BART station parking lot on the left. There are no bathrooms here so we will have a bathroom stop two miles into the ride.

We will maintain a Touring through Moderate pace (10 to 16 mph). No drops and regroups as needed. Extreme weather or construction may modify the route and rain cancels. Check FFBC Yahoo! Group, email or call us.

Cindy Maxwell maxwell.c@... 408-506-6860

Lori Sommer lorimsommer@... 510-693-8624

Ken Goldman  ken.goldman@...  (510) 791-1095 (H) 510-378-5027 (C)