Topics

Sign on to ūüö≤¬†Keep¬†Bike¬†Shops Open!

Marie Hughes

In other states, bike repair shops are considered essential. I bet this is just an oversight. Thanks, Donna, for bringing this to our attention. (I sent my letters)

On Mar 24, 2020, at 8:04 PM, critch <david.critchfield@...> wrote:

I'm still riding. We totally need to keep bike shops open!  - critchfield

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 7:01 PM Donna Luporini Kaplan via Groups.Io <luporini=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Just in case you have not received this.

First, and most importantly, I hope you and your loved ones are well. The next couple of weeks are going to be hard, but I take heart in knowing that the physical distancing we’re practicing now is slowing the spread of the virus. We will get through this together, if not physically close together. 

Your CalBike team is dispersed currently, but still hard at work changing state policies to advance our mission of more bike-friendly communities. Right now, we are working hard to get the state to clarify its stay-at-home order to declare that bike shops are essential, and may remain open.

We salute those essential workers who have to travel -- health care workers, delivery staff, maintenance people, and everyone else who is keeping society going -- and we want them to be able to bicycle for their essential trips. 

Biking at a safe distance from others is also one of the outdoor activities allowed while we try to slow the spread of the coronavirus. Now more than ever, a bicycle ride is important for our physical and mental health. 

If biking is essential, bike shops are, too. 

That’s why we are sending a letter to the California State Public Health Officer, Dr. Sonia Angell, asking her to affirm that bike repair shops are essential services. 

We need your support to deliver a strong message to Sacramento that bikes are vital in this time of social distancing. Please add your name to the letter to show your support.

Thank you for all you do to advocate for better biking in California. And thank you for supporting the bike repair shops that keep us rolling, even in the midst of a crisis.

Dave Snyder
Executive Director
California Bicycle Coalition 

P.S. The more names we have on this letter, the more impact we have with state regulators. Your voice does make a difference. Please sign the letter today. 

You are receiving this email because you opted to receive information about the California Bicycle Coalition

Our mailing address is:

CalBike

1017 L St #288

Sacramento, CA 95814

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

View this email in your browser