Topics

Short Notice Ride, Sunday Mar 1

Robert Tashjian

Short Notice Ride: Sunday, March 1

Seascape Ride - Aptos Start

Aptos, CA (corner of Sumner Av and Via Soderini)

Terrain: 2-3ish; Pace:  M-, M, Faster riders can go ahead

MEETING TIME: Sunday, Mar 1, 9:45 am for 10:00 departure

MEETING LOCATION: Meet at corner of Sumner Ave and Via Soderini (216 Via Soderini, Aptos). Take Highway 17 to Highway 1 South. Follow Highway 1 South about 10 miles. Exit right on San Andreas Rd.; turn right at Seascape Blvd.; turn left on Sumner Ave to Via Solderini. Park curbside along Sumner Avenue on either side of street. Restrooms and water available at park across railroad tracks.

This is the SeaScape route shamelessly borrowed from the Western Wheelers LDT series. Come see Monterey Bay and the scenic apple orchards of Corralitos. Our route includes Aptos Beach, Hames Road, and Brown’s Valley to lunch, hot cider and pie at Gizdich Ranch apple orchards. Return via Larkin Valley Road.

Ridewithgps route at https://ridewithgps.com/routes/32001272

PDF copy of the route sheet is attached, print your own copy, I will only have a few at the start.

There are several options to shorten the ride by 5-10 miles and cut some climbing off the route. There will be regroups about every 5 miles and bathrooms/water about every 10 miles.

Extreme temperatures, construction or the whim of the ride leader may modify the route. Rain cancels, check https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics, email or call me.

Rob Tashjian rob@... 510-593-6228

---

Robert Tashjian