Topics

moderated SAVE the Date June 28 - Cindy's Farewell Ride/Potluck

Lori Sommer

Good Morning FFBC,

As many of you may have heard, our awesome friend and riding buddy is leaving for the bright lights and sounds of Las Vegas!  Well, she is moving to be closer to her future first grandchild so maybe a single nightlight and lullabies will be more appropriate.  Before she goes, let's get together for a Bon Voyage Ride/Potluck on Thursday, June 28th.

Please send me memories you have of Cindy and maybe a pic of you with her.  Maybe you just want to say thank you!  Please email me (with Cindy as the subject line) and we can put it all together as a going away gift to her.  If you'd like to make a small donation towards a gift please give it to me, Randy or Julie Fuller in an envelope.  I will also bring a card and donation envelope to the Thursday rides.

Please fill out this google document (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WSdxjRsTRRWvvpyzGONLN5K-iH-ZinYI1pswM3nxQeU/edit?usp=sharing) or send me your potluck item and I can fill it in for you so we don't have 30 drinks and no food.

Thanks so much!

Lori Sommer

Thursday, June 28
9:00am

WhenThu, June 28, 9am – 1pm
WhereLakeshore Park, Newark, CA 94560, USA (map)
DescriptionLength: 20
Terrain: 2, 3; Pace: T, M

Cindy Maxwell, our longtime friend and ride leader is moving to Vegas in July!  Cindy came up with the idea of the LAP rides, was a Cinderella Ride Leader and always led interesting rides over the years to Rose Gardens, Labrynths, Pottery Shows and Chalk Art Shows.  We will miss her VERY much.  Come to the ride and the potluck to say goodbye. If you can't attend the ride and would just like to join the potluck that is fine too.

Let's give Cindy a good send off.  Please send me memories you have of Cindy and maybe a pic  of you with her.  Maybe you just want to say thank you!  Please email me (with Cindy as the subject line) and we can put it all together as a going away gift to her.  If you'd like to make a small donation towards a gift please give it to me, Randy or Julie in an envelope.  I will also bring a card and donation envelope to the Thursday rides.

Please fill out this google document (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WSdxjRsTRRWvvpyzGONLN5K-iH-ZinYI1pswM3nxQeU/edit?usp=sharing) or send me your potluck item and I can fill it in for you so we don't have 30 drinks and no food. Thanks.

Meet at 9:00AM in Newark.  Please park on Channel Drive, the other side of the tennis courts or at Lakeshore Park.  We will start the ride from my house.  You can drop off your potluck item and use the restroom too.  Please text me for the address.

Ken will come up with a route and lead the ride and Julie will sweep.  We will post it ahead of time so check back.  There won't be a mid-ride coffee stop so bring a snack.

Extreme temperatures, construction or the whim of the ride leader may modify the route. Rain cancels, check https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics, email or call me.

Lori Sommer lorimsommer@gmail.com 510-693-8624

Lori Sommer

Woo hoo!  That is great news Donna.
Please let me know if you need a ride over. Also, please don’t worry about bringing anything for the potluck.
We are looking forward to seeing you and are glad you are doing well.

Lori

On Jun 12, 2018, at 1:11 PM, Donna <donnaboomershine@...> wrote:

Hi Lori and all,

Thank you for the recent card and well wishes from all of you. I so appreciated hearing from you. I am recovering very well from my hip fracture and surgery and hope to attend the farewell potluck for Cindy on the 28th.

Look forward to seeing you.

Best always,
Donna