Topics

moderated Route - Thursday Morning Coffee Ride

Lori Sommer

Hello Thursday Morning Coffee Riders,

It looks like we will have no rain during the ride tomorrow!  However, the winds are forecast to 20mph by noon and 22mph by 1PM.  Since we are going across the bay, I plan to do a shorter ride (27mi, 500').  The coffee stop is Prolific Oven.  If the winds are too bad, we may cut it short and also do a coffee break rather than a lunch break.  You are welcome to park at the bridge (to cut about 6 miles) and you won't  to deal with the wind on Marshlands at the end of the ride. I may do that also - meaning I will drive to the start, sign everyone in, drive to the end of the bridge, sign anyone in, get on my bike and meet everyone at the benches on the other side of the bridge.

See you bright and early!

Lori

Thursday, April 12
9:00am
 Thursday Morning Coffee Ride across the Dumbarton
WhenThu, April 12, 9:00am – 1:30pm
WhereVisitor Center, Don Edwards Wildlife Refuge (map)
DescriptionLength: 25-35 miles; Elevation: feet;
Terrain: 2,3 Pace: T,M

Meet at 9:00 for a 9:15 start from the Don Edwards Visitor Center (Don Edwards National Wildlife Refuge, 1 Marshlands Rd, cross-street Thornton Ave, Fremont) and we head across the Dumbarton Bridge to various destinations.

For a flat ride we head through East Palo Alto and along a few paths to Shoreline Park for lunch. For a ride with climbing, we do Woodside Road, Sand Hill/Whisky Hill, Alpine Loop, Arastradero or Edgewood Road. Sometimes the climbing is optional. We always stop for coffee and riders are welcome to head back on their own if they know the way. Usually we ride without route sheets so we regroup as necessary and no one is left behind. Bring $ for lunch.

Extreme temperatures, construction or the whim of the ride leader may modify the route. Rain cancels, check https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics, email or call! me!

Lori Sommer lorimsommer@... 510-693-8624