Topics

Route Sheet LAP 6

Lori Sommer

Good Morning,

More storms are headed our way so Sunday's forecast is unsettled.  Hopefully the ride will go on as planned and Ken will send out an email by 7AM Sunday.  I will be unable to attend this Sunday's ride so we will be looking to deputize someone to sweep up the rascals and partiers at the back of the group.  If this ride is canceled, we've decided we will reorganize the rides because with so much rain, it is hard to be ready for the increases in mileage and elevation gain.  But more on that if and when the time comes.

Attached please find and print the route sheet for LAP 6, Dublin, Schaefer, Bollinger.  This is a really nice ride!.  We offer alternatives to reduce mileage and climbing.  Bring some snacks as the coffee stop is at mile 36.

Lori, Ken and Vicki

Sunday, February 10
9:00am

WhenSun, February 10, 9am – 2pm
DescriptionDATE: 2/10/19 TIME: 9:00AM START: Bernal Community Park, 7001 Pleasanton Ave., Pleasanton, meet by the restrooms MILEAGE: 46 (options -11, -5) ELEVATION GAIN: 2465’ (-665', -400’) PACE: T, M Today’s ride, LAP 06, starts in Pleasanton and travels north to San Ramon. We will start at Bernal Community Park and meet at the restrooms. Along the way we will sample the long, low grade of Dublin Blvd, the short but steep grind up Schaefer Ranch Rd and the scenic never-ending Bollinger Canyon. After all the climbing is done at mile 36, we will stop for a break in San Ramon. There are options - skip Bollinger and reduce your route by 11 miles, skip another set of hills and go directly to coffee (cut off another 5 miles). Or, do them both! But it is a training ride, try them all! https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29051844 PDF versions of our Excel route sheets will be sent out via email to FFBC’s https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics a few days before each ride. We ask that you print and bring it to the ride. The link to the route on ridewithgps.com is available for downloading but any route sheet generated from the link is for information only and does not have listed regroups. We will maintain a Touring through Moderate pace (10 to 16 mph). No drops and regroups as needed. Extreme weather or construction may modify the route and rain cancels. A ride cancellation email will be sent to https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics by the ride leader on the morning of the ride if it is being cancelled (no email means the ride is on). If you are unsure of the ride status, call or text ride leader on the morning of the ride. Lori Sommer (510) 693-8624 Ken Goldman (510) 378-5027 Vicki Robinson (510) 813-2844