Topics

Route/Forecast - TMCR

Lori Sommer

Hello Coffee Riders,

So far the weather looks like it might be okay.  Of course, if things change overnight, I will send out something by 7AM.

I've been working on a route for tomorrow.   I scavenged an old Cinderella route which is short and flat that we haven't done in quite awhile.  We will cross the bridge, admire some houses and hopefully be able to hear some water in San Francisquito Creek before our Art Show at the Meno Park VA.  If you are short on time, there is an option on the route sheet to skip it.  Coffee isn't until mile 20 so bring some snacks and I'll bring route sheets.

Thursday, March 8
9:30am
 Thursday Morning Coffee Ride across the Dumbarton
WhenThu, March 8, 9:30am – 1:30pm
WhereVisitor Center, Don Edwards Wildlife Refuge, 1 Marshlands Road (map)
DescriptionLength: 25-35 miles; Elevation: feet;
Terrain: 2,3 Pace: T,M

As part of today's ride, we will do something special after a short coffee stop and before coming home over the bridge.  We will stop into The 32nd Annual Creative Arts Festival Veteran Art Exhibition held at the VA on Willow Road.  One of our regular Thursday riders has submitted two art pieces at this event and we will take a look that those as well as a few of the other submittals before they move on to the National Festival.  Riders that can't stay can head back early using the route sheet.

Meet at the Don Edwards Visitor Center (Don Edwards National Wildlife Refuge, 1 Marshlands Rd, cross-street Thornton Ave, Fremont) and we head across the Dumbarton Bridge to various destinations. For a flat ride we head through East Palo Alto and along a few paths to Shoreline Park for lunch. For a ride with climbing, we do Woodside Road, Sand Hill/Whisky Hill, Alpine Loop, Arastradero or Edgewood Road. Sometimes the climbing is optional. We always stop for coffee and riders are welcome to head back on their own if they know the way. Usually we ride without route sheets so we regroup as necessary and no one is left behind. Bring $ for lunch. Extreme temperatures, construction or the whim of the ride leader may modify the route. Rain cancels, check FFBC Yahoo! Group, email or call! me!

Lori Sommer lorimsommer@gmail.com 510-693-8624