Topics

PRS #11 Morgan Territory

Pat

This Sunday we are back to meeting at 8:30 am.  Start is at Diablo Vista Park in Danville.

-Please bring two water bottles and some snacks for this ride.
-We’ll have plenty of regroups, water and bathroom breaks. Lunch will be in the town of Clayton, at around mile 28.
-After climbing Morgan Territory Rd from the north side, we will regroup at Morgan Territory Regional Park (bathrooms and water).
-After this stop there will be a short ride along the ridgeline and then a steep 5-mile descent to Manning Rd.
-Please use caution when descending Morgan Territory Rd, as there are several sharp turns.  (The road is 1½ lanes wide so be careful of cars approaching and/or from behind.

Pat & Donna

………………………………….
PRS #11 Morgan Territory
When     Sun, April 7, 8:30am – 2:30pm
Where    Diablo Vista Park, 1000 Tassajara Ranch Dr, Danville (map)
Description    Length: 58 miles; Elevation: 5102 feet Terrain: 4; Pace: M, M+

Meet at 8:30 am for an 8:45 am start. We'll climb through Mt Diablo State Park via S Gate Rd to the Junction Ranger Station and descend down N Gate Rd into Walnut Creek and Clayton. Another climb and descent on Morgan Territory Rd before we ride back to the start. Bring money for coffee/snack.

Rain, significant chance of rain or poor riding condition cancels. A ride cancellation email will be sent to https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics by the ride leader on the morning of the ride if it is being cancelled (no email means the ride is on). If you are unsure of the ride status, call or text ride leader on the morning of the ride.

RideWithGPS URL: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29458009

M: Pat Wai: patbikes59@...(925) 784-9192, M: Donna Kaplan: luporini@...(415) 584-7621
M+: TBD

Fujino, Don H.

I hear that Pat will be providing pizza and beer at her house when we get to the top of Morgan Territory 😉

[...]

Joe Banchero

Don,  rode with Pat today.  No beer because of descent, Pie and Ice
Cream instead.😎

On Apr 4, 2019, at 3:39 PM, Fujino, Don H. via Groups.Io <fujino1@...> wrote:

[...]

I just bought vanilla and chocolate ice cream sandwiches which may go to the top six finishers to Morgan Territory Regional Park on Sunday! (Unless they’re all gone by then)   M riders only...Pat :-)

On Apr 4, 2019, at 3:42 PM, Joseph Banchero <huck-162@...> wrote:

[...]

depps55

Ice Cream Sandwiches! For that, I might even join you.

Dave E

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 4:10 PM Pat via Groups.Io <patwai500=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Please do Dave! Missing you on our rides!!