Topics

moderated Privacy settings on Strava...

Jay Gilson

Given the recent unfortunate event occurring to Jon Graff, I suggest that everyone posting rides on Strava review their individual privacy settings.

I remembered reading that Strava had privacy zones.  So I checked it out and changed my privacy setting.

Under Profile, Settings, Privacy, you can create a privacy zone round your home whereby Strava will not reflect the start or finish of a ride at your home.  Given we all ride bicycles that are near and dear to our hearts, keeping private the start location seems to be a good idea.  Lord knows, we don't want to provide a road map to where our bikes are stored to a would be thief.

If you have a question and cannot find where to make the change, please e-mail me and I will see if I can help.

Jay Gilson

Becky Smith

Thanks for sharing this info!

I also have a gps tracker installed on my bike.

Becky S.

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 20:58 Jay Gilson <jaymgilson@...> wrote:
Given the recent unfortunate event occurring to Jon Graff, I suggest that everyone posting rides on Strava review their individual privacy settings.

I remembered reading that Strava had privacy zones.  So I checked it out and changed my privacy setting.

Under Profile, Settings, Privacy, you can create a privacy zone round your home whereby Strava will not reflect the start or finish of a ride at your home.  Given we all ride bicycles that are near and dear to our hearts, keeping private the start location seems to be a good idea.  Lord knows, we don't want to provide a road map to where our bikes are stored to a would be thief.

If you have a question and cannot find where to make the change, please e-mail me and I will see if I can help.

Jay Gilson

Marie Hughes

I have a “Tile”. It’s for tracking your keys but I taped one under the bike seat. Since I had an extra one.