Topics

moderated Plans - FFBC Thursday Morning Coffee Ride Bike to Work

Lori Sommer

Hello Thursday Morning Coffee Riders/Bike to Work Riders, Matt, Sonny and Geno from the City of Fremont,

I've posted the FFBC ride listing for this Thursday's Bike to Work Ride aka Tour de Energizer Station.  We will meet early, join the ride with the City of Fremont for a few miles then head down to Tesla and loop back with a coffee stop at the end.  We will try to reach five energizer stations and possibly two more if they are open late.

Come join us for a fun day and see what Rob has planned.

Lori

Thursday, May 10
7:30am

WhenThu, May 10, 7:30am – 12:00pm
WhereACE Fremont Station (37260 Fremont Blvd) (map)
DescriptionMileage: 30
Elevation gain: 500'

Rob worked hard to come up with a route to maximize the number of Energizer Stations while also joining up with the City of Fremont Employee Group Ride.

Centripedal (3636 Thornton Ave, Fremont) has given permission for us to park in their lot and we can also park along Moraine Ave/Bonde Way.  We will meet at the first Energizer Station hosted by Centripedal at the ACE Fremont Train Station (37260 Fremont Blvd) at 7:30AM and be ready to roll at 7:45AM.  To access the train station from Bonde Way use the shortcut through the parking lot where there is an opening in the fence to the train station near Darleen's Dog Grooming.

Late arrivals can meet us along the route!

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/27263887

We will ride to the start of the City of Fremont Ride which meets at 8:00AM and rolls at 8:15AM.  We will join their ride which stops at the Energizer stations hosted by Kaiser Permanente, Washington Hospital (BART West Entrance) and City of Fremont/REI (BART East Entrance).  We won't dally at these BART stations because we have somewhere to go.  We will try to make it to the Energizer Station hosted by Tesla in south Fremont.

If we don't make it to Tesla before they close at 9:30AM we will head to Panera if we need coffee, otherwise we will wait for coffee at Suju's at the end. There is an option to take a shortcut to save 5 miles.

We sure hope you can join us!

Extreme temperatures, construction or the whim of the ride leaders may modify the route. Rain cancels, check https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics, email or call! me!

Lori Sommer lorimsommer@gmail.com 510-693-8624
Rob Tashjian rob@tashjian.com ‭(510) 593-6228‬

Randy Fewel

I'm working this Thursday. Last year this ride was so much fun!!  Sorry to miss it.
Randy