Topics

moderated LAST CALL - Cindy’s Ride And Potluck (Cindy delete this message)

Lori Sommer

FFBC Members (except for Cindy!),

Thursday is the Bon Voyage Ride and Potluck for Cindy.  There are 25 RSVP's so far on the Google document.  It isn't too late!  Please use this link (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WSdxjRsTRRWvvpyzGONLN5K-iH-ZinYI1pswM3nxQeU/edit?usp=sharing) to let me know you're coming and what you are bringing.

You can text me before Wednesday at 5PM if you'd like to make a small donation towards a gift card and photo book.  I will add the money for you and then you can reimburse me at the potluck and sign the card.  Julie Fuller (luv2hikejulie@...) is putting together a photo book for Cindy as one of the gifts.  We wanted to include some ride and potluck pictures so it isn't too late to send your pictures and stories to Julie so they can be included in the book.

There has been some confusion -the ride start and potluck is at my home not the park -  the ride listing states Lakeshore Park because I don't want to use my actual address.  Please text me if you need my address.  I live next to the park so you can park on my street, the other streets on the island or along Lake Blvd and ride over.

I will be in front of my house if you'd like to drop off your potluck item before going to look for parking.  Ride sign-in sheets will be on a table and the restroom will be available too.

I could use a couple of folding tables and extra chairs.  If you can bring some please let me know.

 If you want to come for the potluck and not the ride, plan for 11:30AM or so.  Wear a hat!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Lori Sommer

WhereLakeshore Park, Newark, CA 94560, USA (map)
DescriptionLength: 20
Terrain: 2, 3; Pace: T, M

Cindy Maxwell, our longtime friend and ride leader is moving to Vegas in July!  Cindy came up with the idea of the LAP rides, was a Cinderella Ride Leader and always led interesting rides over the years to Rose Gardens, Labrynths, Pottery Shows and Chalk Art Shows.  We will miss her VERY much.  Come to the ride and the potluck to say goodbye. If you can't attend the ride and would just like to join the potluck that is fine too.

Let's give Cindy a good send off.  Please send me memories you have of Cindy and maybe a pic  of you with her.  Maybe you just want to say thank you!  Please email me (with Cindy as the subject line) and we can put it all together as a going away gift to her.  If you'd like to make a small donation towards a gift please give it to me, Randy or Julie in an envelope.  I will also bring a card and donation envelope to the Thursday rides.

Please fill out this google document (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WSdxjRsTRRWvvpyzGONLN5K-iH-ZinYI1pswM3nxQeU/edit?usp=sharing) or send me your potluck item and I can fill it in for you so we don't have 30 drinks and no food. Thanks.

Meet at 9:00AM in Newark.  Please park on Channel Drive, the other side of the tennis courts or at Lakeshore Park.  We will start the ride from my house.  You can drop off your potluck item and use the restroom too.  Please text me for the address.

Ken will come up with a route and lead the ride and Julie will sweep.  We will post it ahead of time so check back.  There won't be a mid-ride coffee stop so bring a snack.

Extreme temperatures, construction or the whim of the ride leader may modify the route. Rain cancels, check https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics, email or call me.

Lori Sommer lorimsommer@gmail.com 510-693-8624