LAS #3 Huddart Park

Lori Sommer

Hello LAS Riders,

Sunday we will cross the Dumbarton and climb Woodside Road and make our way up through Huddart Park.  The main group will meet at the upper lot of DonEdwards.   If you plan to reduce mileage and start riding at the base of the bridge, please stop at the upper lot, sign in, drive to the end of Marshlands, park and we will pick you up or you can meet us at the benches on the other side.  Just make sure you wait for Lori if you need to sign in.

The route sheet is attached.  Please print and bring it with you.  We look forward to riding with you.

Thanks,

Lori and Phil

9:00am
 LAS #3 Huddart Park
WhenSun, February 9, 9am – 2pm
WhereSTART: 2 Marshlands Road, Fremont (near Don Edwards Visitor Center restrooms) (map)
DescriptionMileage: 37.4
Elevation: 1364’
Pace: M/T

LAS 3 takes us over the Bay, to sample scenic Peninsula roads. We will meet at Don Edwards and cross the Dumbarton Bridge.

Remember to use the large upper parking lot rather than parking in the small lot near the Visitor Center Restrooms.  We will do our sign-in at the upper parking lot.

We will ride behind Facebook and regroup at Bayfront Park. We will pass through some nice residential neighborhoods to reach Alameda de Las Pulgas and climb Woodside Road to Kings Mountain and into Huddart Park via Greer. Coffee is at Starbucks in Menlo Park and there are a couple of other places nearby if you want something else.

There are options to reduce climbing and mileage. Skip Marshlands and meet us at the base of the bridge which reduces the mileage about 4.5.  Or, skip Huddart entirely and reduce mileage by 2.6 and climbing apx. 550'.  Skip both and your route is 30miles and 831'.  Make the route your own.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31710215

We will be using the ridewithgps generated route sheet and you can print your own or use the one will will send out to FFBC’s https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics a few days before each ride. We ask that you print and bring it to the ride.

We will maintain a Touring through Moderate pace (10 to 16 mph). No drops and regroups as needed. Extreme weather or construction may modify the route and rain cancels. A ride cancellation email will be sent to https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics by the ride leader on the morning of the ride if it is being cancelled (no email means the ride is on). If you are unsure of the ride status, call or text ride leader on the morning of the ride.

Lori Sommer lorimsommer@... 510-693-8624
Ken Goldman ken.goldman@... 510-791-1095 (H) 510-378-5027 (C)