LAS #2

Lori Sommer

Hi,

Let’s go ride through green hills on Sunday. Join us for a fun and friendly jaunt. The route is 41 miles but you’re more then welcome to skip Doolan and save some mileage (about 8) and climbing. You can also skip the Bernal Bump and further reduce climbing. See the details below and please print the attached route sheet.

Also, LAS #3 to Huddart Park has been added to the calendar for Sunday, February 9th with 37.4miles and 1,364' of climbing with an option to skip Huddart (and miss all the "fun"?) and other various ways to reduce mileage (like starting at the base of the Dumbarton rather than Don Edwards). Doable even if you're on the slow side.

Remember, no one left behind and faster riders welcome to go ahead!

Lori and Ken

Go
9:00am
 LAS #2 Collier Canyon & Doolan Road
WhenSun, January 19, 9am – 2pm
WhereDublin - Pleasanton BART (5801 Owens Dr, Pleasanton, CA 94588), small parking lot near the intersection of Owens and Willow, Pleasanton (map)
DescriptionMILEAGE/ELEVATION GAIN: 41/1536’

PACE: T, M

Today’s route is a great ride into scenic rural areas. We will meet on the Pleasanton side, which is the south side of the of the Dublin-Pleasanton BART station (not the West Dublin-Pleasanton station near Stoneridge mall), in the small side parking lot near the intersection of Owens and Willow. Although there are no restrooms at the start, we will be stopping for a nature break at mile 2.2.

We will ride through Pleasanton followed by climbs on Gleason, Fallon, Camino Tassajara, Highland and Collier Canyon. This is a clockwise loop with a fun descent into Livermore. We will stop at Starbucks for coffee and meander back before climbing Bernal Bump as the finish to our ride.  We will maintain a Touring through Moderate pace (10 to 16 mph). No drops and regroups as needed. Most of the LAS routes can be modified to reduce mileage and climbing and you are always welcome to join mid-route, skip coffee/lunch, leave early or ride off the front – just let us know.

 (https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26469159).

PDF versions of our Excel route sheets will be sent out via email to FFBC’s https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics a few days before each ride. We ask that you print and bring it to the ride. The link to the route on ridewithgps.com is available for downloading but any route sheet generated from the link is for information only and does not have listed regroups.

Extreme weather or construction may modify the route and rain cancels. A ride cancellation email will be sent to https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics by the ride leader on the morning of the ride if it is being cancelled (no email means the ride is on). If you are unsure of the ride status, call or text ride leader on the morning of the ride.

Come join us!
Lori & Ken

Lori Sommer lorimsommer@... 510-693-8624
Ken Goldman ken.goldman@... 510-791-1095 (H) 510-378-5027 (C)