Topics

LAP #5 Tunnel Rd.-CANCELLED

Ken Goldman

LAP RIDE IS CANCELLED

Some of tomorrow morning may be dry, but by late morning it looks like it will be raining everywhere. We are also concerned about the high winds in the hills as well as the wet roads.

Since this is one of everyone’s favorite rides, we will possibly reschedule it later- maybe after Primavera.

Ken

On Jan 31, 2019, at 5:16 PM, Ken Goldman <Ken.goldman@...> wrote:

Hello LAP riders!

Please join us Sunday February 3 for the spectacular Tunnel Road Ride. From Skyline in Oakland we will enjoy great views of the bay and San Francisco. There is a chance of rain (surprise) but as of now it looks like it might hold off long enough for us to get our ride in. Lori or I will send out an email early Sunday morning to say whether we are able to ride or not.

The ride is 38 miles and 2500 feet of climbing and will finish at the Fremont BART station

We will start riding from the Rockridge BART Station in Oakland rolling by 9:15 Sunday morning.

Most of us will take BART from Fremont to Rockridge.

If you are coming from a different station, you will need to be on a train that arrives at Rockridge by 9:00am.

If you drive to Rockridge, you will need to take BART back after the ride since we will finish the ride in Fremont.

Lori and Ken will be on the following trains:

Leave Fremont 7:54    Arrive Rockridge 8:39

Leave Fremont 8:14   Arrive Rockridge 8:59

Both trains require a transfer at 19th Street station in Oakland—get off the train and walk straight across the platform to board an Antioch Train.

You might want to use the restroom in the Rockridge station and then we will meet and sign everybody in outside-on the south side of the station.

A clarification regarding LAP route sheets - the official route sheet is ATTACHED to this email and should be printed and brought to the ride. This beautiful pdf has all our official regroups and route modifications!  The route sheet generated using this ridewithgps link:

(https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29051659) is for INFORMATION ONLY.

Please drop me a line if you have any questions about getting to Rockridge.

We hope to see you Sunday.

Lori and Ken

Lori Sommer lorimsommer@... 510-693-8624

Ken Goldman ken.goldman@... 510-378-5027