Topics

LAP10, the final LAP Ride

Lori Sommer

Hello LAP Riders,

This Sunday looks like a perfect day for a ride - after a chilly start in the mid 50's it will get up to about 72deg F.  Not too cold, not too warm and hopefully not too windy.

Ken will be away this week supporting ACTC's Tierra Bella Worker's Ride.  This will be our LAST LAP ride of the series.  Unfortunately, with all the rainouts we were unable to fit in a few of our regular rides this year so the series has been cut short.  We thank everyone that came out to ride with us and really appreciate the help from all of our friendly ride leaders  - we couldn't do it without you!  Plan to attend the Primavera Worker's Ride next Saturday.  There will be rest stops and SAG available.

Attached please find the route sheet for LAP 10 to print.  The official ride is 58miles with 2900' of climbing but we also have two shorter options - turn left at Patterson and skip the climb (33miles with 1250') or U-turn at the top of Patterson (37miles and 1900)'.

Lori, Ken and Vicki

9:00am
 LAP  10
WhereBernal Community Park, 7001 Pleasanton Ave, Pleasanton, CA 94566, USA (map)
DescriptionMILEAGE/ELEVATION GAIN: 58/2900’

Today’s ride is heading east to Patterson Pass, land of the giant windmills. We will start in Pleasanton at Bernal Community Park and meet at the restrooms. The Bernal Bump will warm us up and then we will be ready for Cross Rd and Patterson Pass. After a short break in Tracy we will return on Grant Line and Altamont. After lunch in Livermore, it will be a direct route via Stanley to the finish. For reference only:

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26490565

PDF versions of our Excel route sheets will be sent out via email to FFBC’s https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics a few days before each ride. We ask that you print and bring it to the ride. The link to the route on ridewithgps.com is available for downloading but any route sheet generated from the link is for information only and does not have listed regroups.

We will maintain a Touring through Moderate pace (10 to 16 mph). No drops and regroups as needed. Extreme weather or construction may modify the route and rain cancels. A ride cancellation email will be sent to https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics by the ride leader on the morning of the ride if it is being cancelled (no email means the ride is on). If you are unsure of the ride status, call or text ride leader on the morning of the ride.

Lori Sommer (510) 693-8624
Ken Goldman (510) 378-5027
Vicki Robinson (510) 813-2844