FFBC Ride Calendar

Robert Miller

Hi Everyone,

Something strange happened last night. This morning I found out that the Ride Calendar is not visible to everyone. Here’s what I’ve found so far:

Platform

Browser

Visible

PC

FireFox

Yes

PC

Edge

No

PC

Chrome

No

Apple iPad/iPhone

Safari

No

I’m trying to figure out what has changed. In the meantime I’ve updated the PDF version of the schedule on the website. In addition here is a link to the calendar that works on other platforms/browsers:

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=ffbccalendar1868%40gmail.com&ctz=America%2FLos_Angeles

I’ll let you know when it’s fixed.

Thanks,

Bob

mdavis94536

Another data point: The calendar is visible on Chrome/Linux.

On iPhone, if I click the link in your email, it opens the Google Calendar app, but doesn't switch to the FFBC Calendar.  However, if I open the link in Safari, it does work.  I think that's probably the problem on iPhone - if you have configured it to open GCalendar links in the GCalendar app, it probably won't work.  But it *is* visible on the web.  That may be WAI.

--
Mark

Timothy Luders

In Safari if I turn off Prevent Cross Site Tracking it works else is does not

[...]

Dale Blanchard

That works for me too. (iPhone 8)
Dale

On Feb 10, 2020, at 14:12, Timothy Luders <timothy@...> wrote:

[...]

Abhishek Ratna

Works on my PC/Chrome

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 2:21 PM Dale Blanchard <dale-b@...> wrote:
[...]

Ken Goldman

Yes, thx Timothy.

Ken

On Feb 10, 2020, at 2:12 PM, Timothy Luders <timothy@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks everyone for all your feedback.

I have made a change on the website and it now seems to work across all the platforms in my table below. The fix seems to have to do with a language definition that wasn’t in the original Google recommended code. Not sure why it decided today to fail.

If that doesn’t work then try Timothy’s recommended update below. Let me know if there are any further issues.

Thanks,

Bob