FFBC PRS #5 ride up Old La Honda Road this Sunday

Robert Miller

There are a lot of club rides this weekend, so consider this latest PRS ride – a beautiful ride on the peninsula. Old La Honda Road is a gentle climb thru some lovely forested areas. From there, a cruise thru Woodside, Canada College and lunch in Redwood City. Our goal is to be back in time for the Super Bowl.

Attached is a copy of the cue sheet. Please bring your own copy.

Below is the details and RidewithGPS link for the ride.

Hope to see you there,

Bob and Donna

****************************

PRS #5: Old La Honda

When: Sun, February 2, 8:30am – 2:00pm

Where: Sprouts Farmers Market, 6399 Jarvis Ave, Newark, CA 94560, USA (map)

Terrain: 4; Pace: M, M+

Meet at 8:30 am for an 8:45 am start. If you have never ridden Old La Honda road, be prepared for a quiet and scenic climb (about 3.5 mi.) up to Skyline Rd. We’ll head back to Woodside and then up by Canada into Redwood City with a lunch stop at Prima Deli.

Rain, significant chance of rain or poor riding condition cancels. A ride cancellation email will be sent to https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics by the ride leader on the morning of the ride if it is being cancelled (no email means the ride is on). If you are unsure of the ride status, call or text ride leader on the morning of the ride.

The cue sheet PDF is attached to this calendar event.  Please print and bring your own copy.
RidewithGPS URL:  https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29252981

M: Donna Kaplan: luporini@..., (415) 584-7621
M: Bob Miller, Robert.miller7@..., 510-305-7172
M+ & B: Show & Go.  Experienced riders, please bring a sign-in sheet and incident reporting form.

Donna Luporini Kaplan

It’s going to be a windy day.  The ride is on for now (M and M+), however I wanted to share this information that Barry provided:

...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM SUNDAY TO 4 AM PSTMONDAY...

* WHAT...Northwest winds 15 to 30 mph with gusts of 40 to 50 mph expected.

* WHERE...Much of the San Francisco Bay Area and Central California Coast.

* WHEN...From 4 AM Sunday to 4 AM PST Monday.

* IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result.

Also, here is a link to wind data on the actual route:  https://route-forecast.appspot.com/?controlPoints=&interval=0.5&metric=false&pace=C&rwgpsRoute=29252981&start=Sun%20Feb%202%202020%2009%3A00%3A00&strava_activity=

We will be open to input at the start of the ride, especially from those of you who ride to the start.

Donna