Date 1 - 1 of 1
TMCR - ROUTE
The route for this week... Ron Mitchell requested Calaveras! This is for him. There are lots of options so find a riding buddy (with the same size bladder?) to make this route your own. The primary route will be direct to the Wall and back. There is no official coffee stop but it would be great to support Bosco's Bones and Brew in Sunol after the ride if you have the time.
Next week, we will do Norris and Bollinger Canyons from Central Park (again no official coffee stop on the ride) but with lunch afterward at the new Zachary's in Pleasanton.
Thursday, 24 March
Thursday Morning Coffee Ride - Sunol Start
WhenThu, 24 March, 09:30 – 13:30
WhereGravel lot across from Niles Canyon Railway, 6 Kilkare Rd, Sunol, CA 94586, USA (map)
DescriptionLength: 30 miles (add apx. 4.2 miles and 400' for a restroom stop)
Pace: T, M
This week the route starts from the gravel lot across from the Sunol Train Station.
TO THE WALL AND BACK
The regular route will ride directly to the Wall and back with no restroom stop (apx. 30mi. total, 2,496' elevation gain). The route sheet includes the optional restroom stop.
BUT we have options! Please find a riding buddy as cell service is sketchy.
1. If you want a pit stop, at mi 5.4 turn Left onto Geary and do a 4.2mi loop into Sunol Regional Park then make a Left on Calaveras and continue past the reservoir to the Wall.
2. If you need the restroom again on the return you can do the above loop at mile 29.
3. You can ride to Sunol Regional Park (apx. 15mi total with 880' elevation gain)
4. This is an out and back so you can turn around any time.
5. You can go down and back up The Wall. You can do repeats!
This route has no official coffee stop. Bosco's Bones and Brews (11922 Main St, Sunol, CA 94586) is open and serving breakfast and lunch. They are a supporter of our FFBC Primavera so it would be great to stop in if you have time after the ride.
Extreme temperatures, construction or the whim of the ride leader may modify the route. Rain cancels, check https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics, email or call me.
Lori Sommer lorimsommer@... 510-693-8624
|1 - 1 of 1|