Heads-up about dangerous road condition in Woodside

Nick Laszlo

Date: July 26, 2021 at 1:41:01 PM PDT
To: Nicholas Laszlo <laszlonick@...>
Subject: Fwd: Heads-up about dangerous road condition in Woodside

If you ride in Woodside, please read the words of caution below, from my other cycling group, Alto Velo.

BTW, the “Nick” that is referred to in the message was not me, thank God!

Chapeau,
Nick Laszlo

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 10:26 AM
Subject: [Alto Velo] 7/24 AV B Ride Crash Update
To: Alto Velo <altovelo@...>

Gina, Judy and Nick all crashed on 84W in the section of the road that has been splitting for about 6 months.  I am going to email Woodside and maybe the county about fixing that section.  It is about 1/2 mile up from the WOLH turn.  If everybody could also send out a note maybe our pressure could create an effect.

Gina was able to ride home under her own power.  She had some road rash, but checked out very well with the EMT personnel.  She is a little sore but otherwise appears to be physically well.  

Nick fractured 4 ribs, the manubrium and L1 and L2 transverse process with non-displacement.  He spent the first night in the hospital for observation but is home now and resting with pain.  Mentally he is fine but physically very roughed up.  His bicycle appears to be okay except for the broken handle bars.  I picked it up from the fire station on Saturday.

Judy dislocated her shoulder and fractured her hip.  Amazingly her bike shows absolutely no signs of an accident.  No scratches on anything (hoods, saddle, etc.).  Her husband showed up just in time to pick up the bike himself.  

I appreciate the way everybody handled the situation on Saturday.  You all took charge and slowed traffic, moved bikes, and showed the utmost concern for the riders.  Thank you all for that.  I want our club to be know for its deep concern and compassion for all the individuals that ride their bikes and you came through with flying colors.

Our hopes and wishes go out to all the riders, and we hope for a speedy recovery.  We are all here for you so if you should need anything please let us know.

Ed 
B Ride Leader

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Alto Velo" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to altovelo+unsubscribe@....
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/altovelo/63aaeeb5-9d66-4fbb-bc74-ce0dc435bcecn%40googlegroups.com.

Nick Laszlo

Date: July 26, 2021 at 1:42:26 PM PDT
To: info@ffbc.groups.io, Baruch Saeed <baruch.saeed@...>
Subject: Heads-up about dangerous road condition in Woodside

Date: July 26, 2021 at 1:41:01 PM PDT
To: Nicholas Laszlo <laszlonick@...>
Subject: Fwd: Heads-up about dangerous road condition in Woodside

If you ride in Woodside, please read the words of caution below, from my other cycling group, Alto Velo.

BTW, the “Nick” that is referred to in the message was not me, thank God!

Chapeau,
Nick Laszlo

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Mon, Jul 26, 2021 at 10:26 AM
Subject: [Alto Velo] 7/24 AV B Ride Crash Update
To: Alto Velo <altovelo@...>

Gina, Judy and Nick all crashed on 84W in the section of the road that has been splitting for about 6 months.  I am going to email Woodside and maybe the county about fixing that section.  It is about 1/2 mile up from the WOLH turn.  If everybody could also send out a note maybe our pressure could create an effect.

Gina was able to ride home under her own power.  She had some road rash, but checked out very well with the EMT personnel.  She is a little sore but otherwise appears to be physically well.  

Nick fractured 4 ribs, the manubrium and L1 and L2 transverse process with non-displacement.  He spent the first night in the hospital for observation but is home now and resting with pain.  Mentally he is fine but physically very roughed up.  His bicycle appears to be okay except for the broken handle bars.  I picked it up from the fire station on Saturday.

Judy dislocated her shoulder and fractured her hip.  Amazingly her bike shows absolutely no signs of an accident.  No scratches on anything (hoods, saddle, etc.).  Her husband showed up just in time to pick up the bike himself.  

I appreciate the way everybody handled the situation on Saturday.  You all took charge and slowed traffic, moved bikes, and showed the utmost concern for the riders.  Thank you all for that.  I want our club to be know for its deep concern and compassion for all the individuals that ride their bikes and you came through with flying colors.

Our hopes and wishes go out to all the riders, and we hope for a speedy recovery.  We are all here for you so if you should need anything please let us know.

Ed 
B Ride Leader

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Alto Velo" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to altovelo+unsubscribe@....
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/altovelo/63aaeeb5-9d66-4fbb-bc74-ce0dc435bcecn%40googlegroups.com.