Save the Date/Reminder - Thursday Morning Coffee Ride

Lori Sommer

Hello,

Two things:
Save the date - Thursday, March 19.   I waited to post a ride for that day thinking that our friend, Cindy Maxwell, would be joining us and wanted to pick a route she was comfortable with.  Alas, I'm disappointed to find her plans will likely be canceled.  Instead we will do an amazing ride that we previewed yesterday: Ken's Two Bridges - Golden Gate and Richmond San Rafael.  I have to say it was the best ride I've done in years.  So much FUN! More details will be posted on the calendar as soon as we get the details together. Put it on your schedule now so you don't have FOMO - fear of missing out.

Tomorrow we are supposed to do Alum Rock...but I could be persuaded to go up to Ed Levin and/or Sandy Wool with faster riders having a option to do The Wall if riders want a change of scenery.  See you tomorrow, 9:30 at REI.

Lori

Thursday, 5 March
09:30
 Thursday Morning Coffee Ride - REI to Alum Rock
WhenThu, 5 March, 09:30 – 13:30
WhereREI, 43962 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538, USA (map)
DescriptionLength: 34 miles Terrain: 2, 3; Pace: T, M We are riding to Alum Rock. Since REI isn't open use the facilities at Starbucks or wait until we reach the Jose Higuera Adobe in Milpitas.  We will ride along the foothills and once we get into the park, there are options to head straight to the Visitor's Center or climb the Inspiration Loop and/or Miguelita Road. Also, you don't have to go all the way to the park...you can turn early to coffee to reduce milage significantly. If you are a slow climber, but want to do the extra climbing, please be considerate of the group and turn around when you see the faster riders returning OR bring yourself to coffee on your own.  We will have lunch at Noah's Bagels/Starbucks ($) before heading back on a flat route, with no regroups.  Extreme temperatures, park closure, construction or the whim of the ride leader may modify the route. Rain cancels, check https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics, email or text me.  Lori Sommer: lorimsommer@..., 510-693-8624