LAS #4 - Route sheet

Lori Sommer

Good Afternoon ,

I know there are lots of ride options this Sunday but we'd love to have you join us for some beautiful scenery on LAS #4!  The route sheet is attached.  Please print it and bring it to the ride.  The route sheet is also attached as a PDF to the FFBC Ride Calendar posting under "more details".

We are heading to Calaveras (clockwise loop) with an optional trip to view the backside of the reservoir on Marsh Rd.  We have some members not wanting to ride through Niles Canyon.  If that is your situation, meet us in Sunol at our first restroom break.  Then you can do an out and back to The Wall/Marsh or arrange with someone to drive you to your car at the end of the ride.  As always, this is a no drop ride.  Slow climbers are welcome and encouraged!

If you are driving to the start, please read the special parking instructions below.

Thanks,

Lori

09:00
 LAS #4: Calaveras CW and Marsh
WhenSun, 23 February, 09:00 – 14:00
WhereSTART: Niles parking lot across from H St on Niles Blvd. **Special Parking Instructions Below (map)
DescriptionDescription:MILEAGE: 45 (40)

ELEVATION GAIN: 2532' (2109')

START: Niles parking lot across from H St on Niles Blvd.  *Special Parking Instructions Below

Let's explore! Some of us haven't been on Calaveras for a while and also haven't seen the promised very nice view from Marsh Road.

We will head through Niles Canyon early and make a pit stop in Sunol. Calaveras will be climbed in the clockwise direction and after descending The Wall, we will start up Felter Rd, but only to Marsh Rd. Marsh is a 4 mile out and back. We will stop at Starbucks in Milpitas for a break before heading back to Fremont using a mostly flat route. You can skip Felter and Marsh and reduce your mileage by 5 and your elevation by 400'.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29019176

We will send out PDF versions of our ridewithgps.com route sheet  via email to FFBC’s https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics a few days before each ride. We ask that you print and bring it to the ride. The link to the route on ridewithgps is available for downloading and will have listed regroups for LAS #4.

We will maintain a Touring through Moderate pace (10 to 16 mph) on the flats. Slower climbers are welcome.  No drops and regroups as needed. Extreme weather or construction may modify the route and rain cancels. A ride cancellation email will be sent to https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics by the ride leader on the morning of the ride if it is being cancelled (no email means the ride is on). If you are unsure of the ride status, call or text ride leader on the morning of the ride.

**SPECIAL PARKING INSTRUCTIONS

In order to be good neighbors with the Niles Merchant Assoc. and not interfere with their customer parking, FFBC has agreed to park in different areas depending on the time of the week.
http://ffbc.org/rides/ride-start-locations/

Lori Sommer (510) 693-8624
Ken Goldman (510) 378-5027