1st Saturday of the Month ride: Calaveras Clockwise- M

Donna Luporini Kaplan

Hello,

Join us tomorrow as we ride Calaveras (the clockwise way). It’s always a beautiful ride, and even more so this time of year.

We start in downtown Niles. The cue sheet is attached (please print your own copy.)

RideWithGPS link: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29124284, 40.6 miles, 2336 ft.

More details below.

Hope to see you there.

Donna & Mike

………………………………

Calaveras Clockwise

When     Sat, February 1, 8:30am – 1:00pm

Where    Downtown Niles parking lot across from H St at Niles Blvd (map)

Description   Length: 41 miles; Elevation: 2335 feet
Terrain: 3; Pace: M

Riders arriving by car are asked to park in the unpaved parking area south of the train station.

Meet at 8:30 am for an 8:45 am start. This is our traditional "1st Saturday of the Month" ride. We will meet in the Niles parking lot and ride up Niles Canyon into Sunol then on to Calaveras. Our traditional route brings us out in Milpitas and we return via a route that stays close to the hills. Bring $$ for a coffee stop at Noah’s/Starbucks in Milpitas.

Rain, significant chance of rain or poor riding condition cancels. A ride cancellation email will be sent to https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics the morning of the ride if it is being cancelled (no email means the ride is on). If you are unsure of the ride status, call or text the ride leader on the morning of the ride.

RidewithGPS URL: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29124284

M: Donna Kaplan: luporini@..., (415) 584-7621
M: Mike Brasseur: mbrasseur00@..., (510) 449-6233