Route: Thursday Morning Coffee Ride

Lori Sommer

Tomorrow is our 5th Thursday of the month.  Normally I'd say lets go to Treasure Island and cool off.  However, I've heard from several reliable sources that the roads are a mess.  So, let's have hills and pizza instead. U-turn when you've had enough of the hills; repeat if you haven't had enough. I hope to see you in the morning.  It is a 9:30AM start.  '

Lori

Thursday, August 29
9:30am

WhenThu, August 29, 9:30am – 1:00pm
WhereCentral Park in San Ramon (12501 Alcosta Blvd) (map)
DescriptionLength: 19 miles; Elevation: 1400 feet;
Terrain: 3,4 Pace: T,M

Meet at Central Park in San Ramon. Directions to the parking lot from Fremont: 680N, exit Bollinger, right turn onto Bollinger, left at the light on Marketplace (the turn is finally open again, parking lot on the RHS).

We will climb to the top of Norris Canyon (looking for the miniature donkeys and peacocks along the way) and then turn back and head up Bollinger Canyon and look for the ostrich. Both climbs are out and back so you can turn around any time you feel like it.

After a regroup at Las Trampas parking lot, we will head back to our cars and drive the couple of miles to Zachary's so we don't have to ride after eating (and Walt doesn't have to worry about riding with his leftovers in a pizza box). No one left behind. Bring $ for lunch.

If you know you are coming please RSVP to me the day before so I can make reservations! LAST minute additions are okay too.  Extreme temperatures or construction or whim of the ride leader can modify the route. Rain cancels, check yahoo group, email or call me.

RidewithGPS URL:
 Lori Sommer lorimsommer@... 510-693-8624