Re: Fully supported Cycling Trip to Beijing this fall, 2019

Ken Goldman

From an ACTC member.

Ken

On May 9, 2019, at 6:54 AM, Mtn Huff <atlevelo@...> wrote:

Hi Ken,

If possible, can you please send Margaret Yip’s Beijing trip to the Fremont Freewheelers distribution list?

Thanks,
Tony

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 4:42 PM Margaret Yip <margaret_yip@...> wrote:

Hi ACTC Members,

Sorry for the blanket email.

As some of you may know, I just completed the Circle of Taiwan (600 miles) tour this March. It was an extremely fun and culturally enriching experience. Prior to this trip, I’ve been exploring the idea of organizing a Cycling tour to Beijing (my home town) for early fall of this year, the best season in Beijing. After some research, I’ve put together a tour that will be 12 days, 9 of which being fully supported biking days traveling to the outskirts of Beijing as well as the inner Mongolia area. We will pass several renowned and beautiful locations including the Great Wall, the Ming Tomb Baihebao Reservoir, the 100 Miles Gallery Scenic spot, the Prairie Tanguis (one of the ten most beautiful roads in China), the Paradise Grassland in Inner Mongolia, Lightning lake, Fengning (Qiansongba National Forest Park), and the Miyun Reservoir, just to name a few. You will not only get to enjoy the scenic ride through all these stunning attractions but also will explore the authentic Beijing cuisine (No Beef Broccoli and fortune cookies😊), as well as east meet west local lifestyle. The total estimated distance is 532 miles with 18,835 feet climbs. The tentative date is Aug 25 to Sep 7, 2019. We want to time the tour with Autumn blossoming and comfortable weather before the Grassland gets cold.

Attached below is the route map as well as some of the sights we will visit.

Please contact me if you are interested in taking part in this tour, as I would like to know the total number of interested participants before sharing the full itinerary.

Sincerely,

Margaret

<image003.png>

<image005.png>