moderated Re: Morrison Canyon

Tony DD

I've heard it for thru traffic, so, cars cannot access this road to get over to 680, due to the increase in cars and for the safety of pedestrians and cyclist??

On Friday, October 26, 2018, 2:03:20 PM PDT, Glenn Kirby <gkirby@...> wrote:

I think this is happening because of conflicts with bicycles and walkers caused by the recent dramatic increase in commuter traffic being sent up Morrison and Vargas by the GPS tracking systems.  Hundreds of cars have been directed over this road in the afternoon commute leading to complaints.   Fremont City Council recently declared an unsafe condition on a 2-way road that is only nine feet wide in places.  This is an interim step pending more permanent legislation.  Closing the road will make it much nicer for people to ride and walk and to get to Vargas Plateau Regional Park.

Glenn Kirby

On Oct 26, 2018, at 1:24 PM, Michael Graff <michael.graff@...> wrote:

Are bicycles treated as vehicles in this case?

"A person riding a bicycle or operating a pedicab upon a highway has all the rights and is subject to all the provisions applicable to the driver of a vehicle..."

Or is the road closed only to *motor* vehicles?

(Nextdoor says "The content you're looking for was posted in another neighborhood.")

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 12:17 PM Randy Fewel <jailteacher@...> wrote:
From my Nextdoor feed:

Yay! It's happening!

Morrison Canyon Road will be closed to vehicles starting November 17th :-)
image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Randy.

<image1.jpeg><image2.jpeg><image2.jpeg><image2.jpeg>