moderated SAVE THE DATE: Walt's 87th Birthday - The Thursday Morning Coffee Ride Celebrates!

Lori Sommer

Hello FFBC Members,
It is that time of year again.  I just updated the ride calendar to add Walt's Birthday Ride for Thursday September 13th (next week, not this Thursday).

 Thursday, September 13
9:00am
WhenThu, September 13, 9:00am – 1:30pm
WhereVisitor Center, 2 Marshlands Rd, Fremont, CA 94555, USA (map)
Description
Miles: 27
Elevation Gain: 530ft

Walt is turning 87! He continues to inspire us and will make his annual birthday trek up "Nike Hill". The climb is optional for everyone else. This year we will keep the celebration simple.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28516017

Meet at the large parking lot (left at the stop sign on Marshlands at the top of the hill, don't descend to the Dumbarton Bridge) above the Don Edward Visitor Center (restrooms) for helmet ribbons and lots of pictures. Then we will head to Coyote Hills to get the hard part done early as per Walt's request before taking the Alameda Creek trail to Isherwood, then the streets into Niles with a few regroups along the way. We will grab some ice cream, coffee and snacks at various locations and regroup at the Niles Plaza to relax and enjoy the day. There two choices for ice cream (a micro-creamery and a more traditional shop), a pour-over coffee shop and a taco truck. With so many sweets available we will forgo cake (no worries, he will have one at the Tour de Fuzz potluck).

https://www.yelp.com/biz/devout-coffee-fremont pour-over coffee and desserts
https://www.naturesandsoul.com micro-creamery and food
https://www.yelp.com/biz/niles-ice-cream-sweets-and-eats-fremont-2  traditional ice cream and desserts
https://www.yelp.com/biz/tacos-negris-fremont taco truck

I sure hope you can come celebrate with Walt!

Extreme temperatures, construction or the whim of the ride leader may modify the route. Rain cancels, check https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics, email or text me.

Lori Sommer lorimsommer@... 510-693-8624