moderated Bike for the Parks, September 29, 8:00 AM

Lori Sommer

Hi FFBC Members,

Would anyone like to join me on this ride put on by Alameda Parks and Recreation? 25 miles. My dragon boat team, the Alameda Dragon Flyers, is signing up for the Team Challenge and we'd like you to join us (we won't make you paddle - this time.) Please reply to me directly if you are interested.  There is BBQ and a beer garden at the end of the ride for those so inclined.

Lori Sommer

Ride Info:

There are two ride options, both begin and end at the baseball field at upper Washington Park:

• 25-mile bike ride along the perimeter of Alameda
• 8-mile kids bike ride to and from Osborne Model Airfield Park in Bayfarm Island

The 25-mile bike route goes around Alameda, Bayfarm Island, and the former Naval Air Base. Most of the ride showcases shoreline views of the San Francisco bay area. The pace is leisurely, and designed to appeal to riders of all ages and fitness levels. You can do it!

The 8-mile kids bike route uses Shoreline Drive protected bike lanes, Bayfarm Bike Bridge, and a bike and pedestrian path to the Osborne Model Airfield Park. This is our first designated rest-stop, where snacks and beverages are provided. Riders will ride back from where they began to join our after-party.

The ride will have multiple rest-stops, all fully-stocked with fruit, snacks, and beverages. Bathrooms are also provided throughout the route.

A support vehicle also offers free bike repairs and pickups if those who cannot complete the ride. Police and volunteers will be stationed along the route to ensure a fun and safe ride for riders of all skill levels.

Party info:

We will end at Washington Park for our after-party – please join us whether you ride or not.

 DJ mixing classic jams and sounds!

BBQ featuring free food for all participants!

A Beer Garden where people can enjoy a cold beer at the post ride party!