Re: Thanks to the Primavera Volunteers

Jan Leimert

And thank you, Andy, for your seemingly tireless effort and terrific leadership for the Pimavera!  It wouldn’t be the same without you!

Jan

On Apr 11, 2022, at 5:25 PM, Andrew Sass via groups.io <andrew.sass@...> wrote:

I have received feedback from many of the riders,, and one almost universal comments was what kind/helpful/cheerful/wonderful/numerous/caring/friendly/knowledgeable volunteers we had.  The ride would not have been a success without your efforts.  Thank you all for stepping up and covering two, or three shifts.

Other than 3 paper cuts (one requiring a band-aid), there was only one injury.  That gentleman did finish the ride, checked in, and had a meal before getting checked out at the ER.  I did not hear of anyone getting lost, which was a testament to the route marking, signage, and course marshals.  And no one went home hungry, including the couple that rolled in after 6, with smiles on their faces and a meal waiting for them.  It takes a lot of effort to feed a thousand people.

For many, it was their first century ride.  They were elated.

The only complaint I heard was about the wind for the last portion, and no one blamed FFBC.  We should all be grateful that today's weather did arrive a day early.  We were lucky with the weather and lucky to have such fine people supporting the ride.

Thank you

Andy Sass
2022 Primavera Chair