Re: Brisk PRS #5-Top of Felter/Sierra Road + Calaveras False Summit on Saturday (1/29/22: 8:30AM) #5-top

Raymond Nieh

From: info@ffbc.groups.io <info@ffbc.groups.io> on behalf of Raymond Nieh via groups.io <rt.nieh@...>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2022 11:06:03 AM
To: Ffbc Groups Info <info@ffbc.groups.io>
Subject: [public info] Brisk PRS #5-Top of Felter/Sierra Road + Calaveras False Summit on Saturday (1/29/22: 8:30AM)

When:  It's going to be a scenic rolling hill ride.  We will be meeting at 8:30am and will roll at 8:45am.

Where:  Buena Vista Park (street parking)

Please download this latest RWGPS route onto your ride computer device: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/38431063

No cue sheet will be handed out and no riders will be left behind.

All riders need to be fully vaccinated.  Bring a mask and use it as needed per CDC guidelines for COVID safety.

Routes and Rest Stops:

First water and restroom stop will be at Alviso-Adobe Park (mile 12.5). Then we will re-group at the top of Felter/Sierra Road and check out the scenery at the top and report if the parking lot is full or not 🙂.

Then descend down to Calaveras and climb back up the wall and onto the false summit while enjoying the green rolling hills and checking out the reservoir from afar.

After a re-group at the false summit, then stop by the Alviso-Adobe Park again for water and use of restrooms. (mile 44.5)

Please bring 2 bottles (more if you want) for hydration.  Now is a good time, I believe, to enjoy the green hills in this cooler weather without needing as much hydration.  I hope that everyone has a chance to stop (safely) and take photos along the way in the hills.

Mark will be leading the ride with me.  See you on Saturday!

Raymond Nieh

(510)894-0688 (text)

Mark Sheffield

(650)280-7858 (text)