Short Notice Ride: Portola Valley Hills

Barry

If you are interested in doing the route that was cancelled on Tuesday, a few of us from the Tuesday M pace crew are going to give it another try on Thursday.

Length: 38 miles; Elevation: 2060 feet;
Terrain: 3,4 Pace: M,M+

Meet at the base of the Dumbarton Bridge at the end of Marshlands Road and enjoy some of Portola Valley's hills. We will beta test a few new roads so, if there are surprises, we'll adjust the route as we go.

We'll ride at an M pace sometimes and an M+ or faster pace at others. Riders who want to go faster are welcome to ride ahead and wait at the regroups.

This ride features a steep, extended, 14% grade with some spectacular scenery. To skip the steepest part of the climb, go straight on Alpine instead of turning on Golden Oak, then wait on Alpine next to Roberts Market to rejoin the group as it rides by.

RidewithGPS URL: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/38154413