TMCR - Route for 12/9, Start Change for 12/16

Lori Sommer

Hello, Thursday Morning Coffee Riders,

This week we will head across the bay and do the Whiskey Hill (or maybe Manzanita) Loop and then we will head to Woodside Bakery.  There is an option to skip all the climbing and just go directly to coffee as we pass it at mile 11.  Please print the attached route sheet.

Next week (12/16) the start is changed to Don Edwards and Ken will lead a CCW loop around the bay.

Lori Sommer

Thursday, 9 December
09:30
 Thursday Morning Coffee Ride across the Dumbarton
WhenThu, 9 December, 09:30 – 14:00
WhereParking lot at the base of the Dumbarton Bridge (at the end of Marshlands Rd (map) (map)
DescriptionLength: 29 miles
Elevation: 1025'
Terrain: 2,3

Pace: T,M

SPECIFIC ROUTE: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31461941

Whiskey Hill Loop with Coffee at Woodside Bakery/Starbucks

Meet at the parking lot at the base of the Dumbarton Bridge (at the end of Marshlands Road) and we will head across the bridge to various destinations.

Although we will be riding across the bay, the specific route for this second Thursday of the month repeating ride will be posted here (with an attachment for you to print) as well as to the FFBC email groups (https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics ) once it is selected.  This is usually done a day or maybe two days before the ride.  Sometimes we ride without route sheets so we regroup as necessary and no one is left behind.

For a flat ride we head through East Palo Alto and along a few paths to Shoreline Park for lunch or along the creek with a bit of shade. For a ride with climbing, we do Woodside Road, Sand Hill/Whisky Hill, Alpine Loop, Arastradero or Edgewood Road. Sometimes climbing is optional. We always stop for coffee ($) and riders are welcome to head back on their own.

Extreme temperatures, park closure, construction, rain, poor air quality or the whim of the ride leader may modify or cancel the route. Check here for updates: info@ffbc.groups.io

Lori Sommer lorimsommer@... 510-693-8624