From: mdavis94536 <mark@...>
Date: 9/9/21 2:11 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: sparkette14@...
Cc: Vinnie Bacon <vbacon@...>, Marie Hughes <macmadame@...>, Allen Levin <allenrlevin@...>, ffbc@groups.io
Subject: Re: [public info] How do you like Hydration Packs?

I use a Camelbak that I've had for ages, but I really like it.  I don't find it uncomfortable at all; I don't think it would limit the distance or time I could ride in a day at all.

On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 2:09 PM Melia Sakimura via groups.io <sparkette14=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have an osprey Katari. I really like it but it does make my back sweaty. It doesn’t make me tired and I’ve ridden up to 7 hours with it on. I prefer it over bottles. I still need somewhere to keep tools, money, snacks, stuff in. Until I find a frame bag I like I’ll probably keep using my water pouch.

On Sep 9, 2021, at 2:00 PM, Vinnie Bacon <vbacon@...> wrote:

I also have a 40 oz Camelback. I have no problem with it. On hotter days I put it in the freezer a few hours before I ride. Works very well. :)

Vinnie

On Sep 9, 2021, at 13:45, Marie Hughes <macmadame@...> wrote:

I have a Camelback. It holds 40 oz of liquid. It does make my back sweaty and also it hurts my back because of how heavy 40 oz of water is I don’t remember when my back started hurting, maybe after the 20 mile mark?

On Sep 9, 2021, at 11:09 AM, Allen Levin <allenrlevin@...> wrote:

What do you use?
Size?
Does it make your back sweaty?
Does it make your back, neck or arms tired?
What is the maximum number of  hours have you ridden with one, comfortably?

Thanks

--
Mark