Re: Adventure Ride-Gizdich Ranch

David Walker

And just a reminder for everybody, this is not a “no drop” ride. From the ride description on the web site:

Riders of all abilities are welcome, but if you are a slower cyclist you should not expect the group to wait more than ten minutes for you. Every rider should be self-sufficient and be prepared to self-navigate the route.

We’ll wait about 10 minutes from the median speed. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew this beforehand.

It’s a great route and (hopefully) better air quality on the coast. Make certain that you check the info groups.io mail list before departing for Seaside. If the air quality worsens and we need to cancel the ride, the notice will be there.

Hope to see y’all Saturday!

David Walker

On Thu, Aug 19 2021 at 16:10, Ken Goldman <ken.goldman@...> wrote:
Here is a fun and interesting ride for Saturday which includes a chance to have fresh made pie with your lunch.

We suggest you park on Seascape Blvd. near Racquet Landing. Seascape Village Plaza has requested that cyclists not park in their lot. The parking lot for Seascape Sports Club is not a public lot.

We will do the ride sign-in in the Seascape Village parking lot alongside Racquet Landing. We will be close to the restrooms. After you unload your bike, ride over there to sign-in and hear David’s preride speech.

9:00am
 Adventure Ride-Gizdich Ranch
WhenSat, 21 August, 9am – 1pm
WhereSeascape Blvd and Racquet Landing in Seascape Village, Rio Del Mar (map)
DescriptionLength: 40 miles; Elevation: 2300 feet;
Terrain: 3 Pace: T,M

Description: Join David and Ken for a pleasant ride from the beach to Gizdich Ranch ( www.gizdich-ranch.com/pie-shop-deli ) for lunch and/or fresh fruit (Olalliebery?) pie. Recent article about Gizdich:
https://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/Gizdich-Ranch-farm-fruit-pie-California-summer-16390614.php?IPID=SFGate-HP-CP-Spotlight
We'll make a quick stop at the U.S. Palo Alto concrete ship at it's pier before heading inland to get our fruit pie. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Palo_Alto

Please print out your own route sheet or load the route onto your GPS or phone.

Riders of all abilities are welcome, but if you are a slower cyclist you should not expect the group to wait more than ten minutes for you. Every rider should be self-sufficient and be prepared to self-navigate the route.

Route sheet is attached.

RidewithGPS URL: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37025375?beta=false

Rain, significant chance of rain or poor riding condition cancels. A ride cancellation email will be posted to "https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics" by the ride leader on the morning of the ride if it is being cancelled (no email means the ride is on). If you are unsure of the ride status, call or text ride leader on the morning of the ride. Note ride end time is a rough estimate.

 Ken Goldman ken.goldman@comcast.net 510-378-5027
 David Walker dbwalker0min@gmail.com 510-468-4454

Ken