Re: TMCR - Route

Lori Sommer

Good Afternoon,

Someone was unable to access the ridewithgps route so I recreated the link (it looks exactly the same) and updated the calendar.  It has been verified by two.  Sorry!

This is the corrected link:
Lori

On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 10:55 AM Lori Sommer <lorimsommer@...> wrote:
Good Morning,

Thanks to Ken for leading the TMCR for the last two weeks while I was on vacation.  Tomorrow we will do the Olive Hill Loop Backward.  The route is 30.5miles with under 1, 000' of climbing but there is an easy way to cut the miles by 11.5 and skip the climbing.  Please print your route sheet and join me tomorrow!  The weather and the company will be very nice.

Lori Sommer

Thursday, 12 August
08:30
 Thursday Morning Coffee Ride across the Dumbarton
WhenThu, 12 August, 08:30 – 13:00
WhereParking lot at the base of the Dumbarton Bridge (at the end of Marshlands Rd) (map)
DescriptionLength: 30.5 miles; Elevation: 1000'
Terrain: 2,3 Pace: T,M

This is the specific route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28761919
We will do the Olive Hill Loop Backward tomorrow from the base of the Dumbarton with coffee at Starbucks in Menlo Park. Although the route has us crossing HWY84 at University, we will probably decide to go under the bridge and get on the path around Facebook via HWY 84. There is an option to turn left on Alameda to cut out 11.5miles and all the climbing.

Meet at the parking lot at the base of the Dumbarton Bridge (at the end of Marshlands Road) and we will head across the bridge to various destinations.

Although we will be riding across the bay, the specific route for this second Thursday of the month repeating ride will be posted here (with an attachment for you to print) as well as to the FFBC email groups (https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics ) once it is selected.  This is usually done a day or maybe two days before the ride.  Sometimes we ride without route sheets so we regroup as necessary and no one is left behind.

For a flat ride we head through East Palo Alto and along a few paths to Shoreline Park for lunch or along the creek with a bit of shade. For a ride with climbing, we do Woodside Road, Sand Hill/Whisky Hill, Alpine Loop, Arastradero or Edgewood Road. Sometimes the climbing is optional. We always stop for coffee ($) and riders are welcome to head back on their own.

Extreme temperatures, park closure, construction, rain, poor air quality or the whim of the ride leader may modify or cancel the route. Check here for updates: info@ffbc.groups.io

Lori Sommer lorimsommer@... 510-693-8624

Riders must follow California and County mask and distancing guidelines (https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/guidance-for-face-coverings.aspx).  Ride leaders are not responsible for enforcing these guidelines.  It is incumbent on riders to follow these guidelines to keep our cycling community safe.