TMCR- Route Sheet

Lori Sommer

Good Morning,
Tomorrow we will climb some hills but most are optional and Kilkare is out and back. I hope you can come join the fun!  The route sheet is attached.  Please print it.
Lori

Thursday, 22 July
08:30
 Thursday Morning Coffee Ride - Sunol Start
WhenThu, 22 July, 08:30 – 12:30
WhereGravel lot across from Niles Canyon Railway, 6 Kilkare Rd, Sunol, CA 94586, USA (map)
DescriptionLength: 28 miles
Elevation: 1600'
Terrain: 2, 3; Pace: T, M

This week the route starts from the gravel lot across from the Sunol Train Station.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/1959843
Currently we are limited on riding around Sunol but we can still do our old favorite Kilkare, Happy Valley, Bernal Bump ride.  There are a lot of climbs, but there are also a lot of options to reduce it!  We will climb Kilkare, out and back, you can turn around anytime.  We head across the Verona Bridge and up Happy Valley where you are welcome to wait or climb to the water tower or Golf Course (which is only a restroom stop for the fastest riders as we don't want to keep everyone waiting too long!). Next is the bumpy Bernal Bump, but if you've had enough climbing, go directly to coffee. If you've done the Bump and want to go directly to coffee, there is an option that will safe you 1.5 miles.    Bring $ for coffee at Peet's. We will return to the Sunol Train Station via Happy Valley, Verona Bridge and Foothill but we won't repeat Kilkare. Please print your route sheet.

Extreme temperatures, construction or the whim of the ride leader may modify the route. Rain cancels, check https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics, email or call me.

Riders must follow California and County mask and distancing guidelines (https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/guidance-for-face-coverings.aspx).  Ride leaders are not responsible for enforcing these guidelines.  It is incumbent on riders to follow these guidelines to keep our cycling community safe.

Lori Sommer lorimsommer@... 510-693-8624