TMCR and a Pizza Ride?

Lori Sommer

Good Afternoon,

We are back to Alum Rock tomorrow but I've changed to the more familiar Jose Higuera Adobe since so many people missed the restroom last time.  Again, make the ride your own!

Since Andy Sass was kind enough to change a couple of pizza rides to Tuesdays and Thursdays, I'm going to participate even though I much prefer to ride in the morning.  So two rides for me tomorrow.  I'll do the shortest pizza route and it won't be a pizza race.

Come join me on one or both rides!

Lori

Thursday, 1 July
08:30
 Thursday Morning Coffee Ride - REI to Alum Rock with Shortcuts!
WhenThu, 1 July, 08:30 – 12:30
WhereREI, 43962 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538, USA (map)
DescriptionLength: 34 miles (with shortcuts of -17mi, -7mi, -5mi, -3mi)
Terrain: 2, 3; Pace: T, M

Since REI isn't open, please use the facilities at Starbucks or wait until we reach the more familiar Jose Higuera Adobe in Milpitas.

We are riding to Alum Rock along the beautiful foothills. This is a route with lots of flexibility -  to push yourself or take it easy and stretch your legs - whichever you like. I've updated the regroup point to Jose Higuera Adobe at mile 6.  Take Shortcut 1 directly to coffee and cut your mileage by 17.  Shortcut 2 cuts out 7 miles if you choose to ride to the park entrance (restrooms) then turn around..  Or you may go directly to the set of restrooms at the Youth Center and cut out 5 miles and significant climbing using Shortcut 3.  You may continue on the route, decide to skip Miguelito and only do Inspiration Loop (Shortcut 4, -3miles) or you may be in great shape and do the whole 34miles!  Please review the route sheet in advance and be prepared to follow your plan as I won't be chasing anyone down.  Better yet, find a friend with the same plan and stick together. Let me know if you have any questions. No one left behind.

If you are a slow climber like me, but want to do climbing, consider turning around when you see the faster riders returning OR bring yourself to coffee on your own.

We will have lunch at Starbucks/Noah's Bagels ($) before heading back on a flat route, with no regroups.

Here's the route:  https://ridewithgps.com/routes/36345433 Please print the attached cue sheet and put my cell number in your phone in advance.

Extreme temperatures, park closure, construction, rain, poor air quality or the whim of the ride leader may modify or cancel the route. Check here for updates: info@ffbc.groups.io

Lori Sommer: lorimsommer@..., 510-693-8624