Thursday Morning Coffee Ride

Lori Sommer

Hello!

Last week, I was surprised to see so many people show up despite the 95deg temperature by the time we finished the ride.  It will be a much more comfortable temperature tomorrow and we are riding close to home so everyone is welcome to make the ride their own.  Show up along the way, take options to go directly to coffee, skip lots of climbing or skip just the steepest climb and/or leave early - just let me know.  I hope to see your smiling face at Sprouts, at 9AM.  Thanks to Ken for reviewing the route sheet - no errors this week!

Heads up for next week and the rest of the summer, we will be meeting at 8:30AM to avoid some of the heat.

Lori Sommer

Thursday, 24 June
09:00
 Thursday Morning Coffee Ride From Sprouts
WhenThu, 24 June, 09:00 – 13:00
WhereSprouts Farmers Market, 6399 Jarvis Ave, Newark, CA 94560, USA (map)
DescriptionLength: 30 miles 1050' elevation with options to reduce mileage and elevation
Terrain: 2, 3; Pace: T, M

Wear a FFBC club jersey and let's stay close to home. We will meet at Sprouts located in the former Raley's Shopping Center (6399 Jarvis Ave, Newark).

The specific route for this  ride is: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/36509502 We will do a mostly flat route until mile 11 where there is an option to go straight to coffee.  The route will continue up the flatter side of Pine and up Hunter to the top.  There is an option to u-turn and head to coffee at the regroup point.  The rest of the route does the "Animals Backwards" to Curtner where there is an option to go straight to the top to wait.  The regular route will go up Zapotec.  Although it is not on the route sheet, riders may want to do additional climbing up Yakima. Then we will head to Mission Coffee and do a flat route home with no regroups.  No one left behind.

We will mainly stay in Fremont but ride through Newark and sometimes Union City and Milpitas on occasion. Sometimes the climbing is optional. We always stop for coffee ($) and riders are welcome to head back on their own.

Extreme temperatures, park closure, construction, rain, poor air quality or the whim of the ride leader may modify or cancel the route. Check here for updates: info@ffbc.groups.io

Lori Sommer lorimsommer@... 510-693-8624

Riders must follow California and County mask and distancing guidelines (https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/guidance-for-face-coverings.aspx).  Ride leaders are not responsible for enforcing these guidelines.  It is incumbent on riders to follow these guidelines to keep our cycling community safe.