Re: Tire recommendation

Matt Kihlthau <mkihlthau@...>

I really like the Grand Prix 4 Seasons. They’re perfect if you want a more performance compound and less rolling resistance with nearly the flat resistance of Gatorskins. I’d consider them the newer version of Gatorskins.

- Matt

On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 2:01 PM Gabriel Beddingfield <gabrbedd@...> wrote:
I still use Gatorskins (25mm), and also add a Stop Flats 2 (or Mr. Tuffy) tire liner for my training wheels. I also inspect them every ~10 hours for debris embedded in the tire. Been satisfied enough not to really look for anything else.

If I go to the "fast group ride" with that set-up... I'll usually get dropped. :-)

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 11:39 PM tburmas via groups.io <tburmas=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
For those who don't race but love to ride on tarmac (not gravel) and not get flats, what do you recommend for tires?

I've been using Continental Gatorskins (28s) and am quite satisfied (haven't been getting flats, ride quality seems fine in dry and wet and tires last a long time), but was wondering if something else has surpassed them as technology has progressed.

Thanks,
Ted