Re: Where to park close to hill on Calaveras in

Daniel Karpelevitch

As long as you are completely off the asphalt and not blocking any gates, it probably won't be a problem. Do so at your own risk though!

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 9:23 PM tburmas via groups.io <tburmas=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello,
     I love to ride the hills on Calaveras Road in Sunol.  But I would like to avoid riding on the flat section from downtown Sunol to the hills.  I'm hoping to park my vehicle closer to the hills, perhaps in this area: https://goo.gl/maps/HwXtn1fABekrwWHbA

     I see a lot of "No Trespassing" signs but very few if any "No Parking" signs.  Anyone know if it is legal to park along this road?  I often see cars parked close to the 680 intersection but I'd like to get closer to the hills.

    In case you are wondering, I like to avoid riding the road due to traffic and limited bike lanes - basically safety.  I find there is less traffic on the hills as many vehicles are either going to the quarry or Sunol Regional Wilderness.

Thanks for your help