Re: Help with tricky traffic situation

Michael Graff

Here's a courtesy trick that works well for me: After I'm controlling the lane, I use a "right turn" signal (right arm straight out) to indicate that I plan to move to the right. It's literally true; I'm going to move into the bike lane after I get through the underpass.

People react surprisingly well to this signal.

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 1:23 PM mdavis94536 <mark@...> wrote:
Also agree that when taking the lane you should be courteous about it - recognize that you *are* inconveniencing someone, so be as quick about it as you can.  Sharing the road works best when we are all respectful of each other.