Re: Garmin recommendations.

mark

Having been a devout  Garmin user for many years  I recently went for aStages  Dash L50 instead based on a positive dcrainmaker review,  Similar price to the 530.  It pretty much does  everything the 530 does but  has  an absolutely fantastic display which is great as your eyes become tired.  Also  has pretty good maps like the more expensive Garmins.  Seems to work great.  The only thing I dislike about it is the mount. I much prefer the Garmin 1/4 turn system.

As others have suggested the DCrainmaker site has some great reviews of all your options

Mark

On Thursday, September 17, 2020, 09:36:46 AM PDT, Robert Tashjian <rob@...> wrote:

Hi Donna,

I recommend that you take a look at the reviews at dcrainmaker.com, it’s my go to reference for cycling tech. As noted by Jay and Nick, the 530 is a vast improvement over the 520 plus. The 530 review is at:

              https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/04/garmin-edge-530-cycling-gps-in-depth-review.html

There are also in-depth reviews of other bike computers, so you can get a good idea of the competition as well.

Rob

---

Robert Tashjian

rob@...