Re: Peloton-style vs. Smart trainers?

Mike Moore

Wow!    You guys really are the best!   Even Goldman.   ;-)

I appreciate the avalanche of quality information and now I have a lot to digest.   I was out doing Census work today and glancing at the messages and can only say wow and thanks.

I will undoubtedly have some follow up questions which I will address to individuals.

I look forward to when I can get back to the Bay and ride with y’all.  And of course if you are ever in Reno and want to ride, hit me up.   Bring Goldman with you!

Mike

On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 9:27 AM Mike Moore via groups.io <mrmoore.usa=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi everybody!   As we are fond of saying in Reno, winter is coming.  (That’s pretty catchy!).   I am still trying to get back in shape after last year’s calamity so I am considering buying an indoor trainer.  So I would love to get the opinions (and I know you have them) on these questions:

1. Is it better to buy a Peloton-style or Smart trainer and if so, why?

2. If you’ve experience with a smart trainer, which one would you recommend and how easy is it to set up and get going?   What ancillary purchases are desirable?

3. What do you wish you knew before you purchased one of these machines?

From what little I know, there probably isn’t a single correct answer for every situation and individual preference which is why I would hoping to draw upon the collective wisdom of the club.

In advance, thanks!!   Safe riding and happy trails to all of you!

Mike