moderated Dangerous pavement on Skyline Blvd Oakland

Yahoo-Julie

All - just a heads up that the Tuesday ride group noted significant pot holes on the southbound direction at the descent to the stoplight of Skyline and Joaquin Miller. This is the stoplight at which one makes a left turn to go to Redwood Road.
Fortunately we were riding northbound but the holes were large enough we all noted them. While they were circled with white paint, possibly to mark for repair, I doubt a descending bicyclist would see them in sufficient time to avoid as they are in the shade.
Northbound had holes also in shaded sections but not as extensive and we were ascending so more time to react. Most of us still hit a few though. Luckily no mishaps.
Be careful out there.
Julie