CCRS #8 Portola Loop + Alpine on Saturday

Vanessa McDonnell

This Saturday is our 8th ride in the Cinderella Conditioning Ride Series. It’s been a fun series so far and assuming the weather cooperates this Saturday’s ride should be a really nice one. Join Colin and me for a jaunt at a T/M pace across the bay for a climb up scenic Alpine road followed by a Portola loop and then back to Fremont. Total mileage is ~40 miles with ~2,000’ elevation gain. Note RideWithGPS gives a figure of 2,206’ elevation gain but I think it’s really only ~2,000’ (but it may feel like 2,206’!). Our coffee stop will be at Robert’s Market after the climb up Alpine.

Details of the ride are on the FFBC calendar. Please use the cue sheet attached to this email rather than the one attached to the ride calendar. I’ve made a few minor changes and updated the contact phone numbers at the bottom of the cue sheet.

Finally, back to the weather - Weather Underground currently shows a 70% chance of rain @8am on Saturday in Menlo Park. Since weather forecasts are frequently wrong we’ll take a wait and see approach before cancelling the ride. Expect an email from Colin or me by 7am on Saturday morning if the ride has been cancelled. No email means the ride is on.

V.

       __0
      \_<,~
    (*)/  (*