Re: PRS09 Mines Rd, M Pace

David Walker

Unless I’m too hungover, I’ll bring a sign in sheet for M+. The weather for the route tomorrow is attached.

David

On Feb 27, 2020, 18:02 -0800, Barry <baruch.saeed@...>, wrote:
Sunday's PRS is one of our favorites, Mines Rd.  It's an out and back from Lucky in Livermore to The Junction.

  • Expect temps in the 40s and winds averaging 10-15 mph.  We should have light tailwinds on the way out and stronger headwinds/crosswinds on the way back.
  • The Junction Cafe should be open but, just in case, bring enough water and food for our entire ride.
  • Cell phone service will be spotty for most of the ride so be prepared to be self-sufficient.  Bring two tubes!
  • Since it's an out-and-back, we will only regroup at The Junction.
_______________
PRS #9 Mines Rd to The Junction

1951 Holmes St, Livermore, CA 94550, USA

Length: 63 miles; Elevation: 4481 feet
Terrain: 4; Pace: M, M+

Meet at 8:30 am for an 8:45 am start from Livermore at the Lucky's parking lot at Concannon and Holmes.

This is one of our pretties rides! We will ride up Mines Road to the Junction Cafe at Del Puerto Canyon. Bring plenty of food and water and a couple of tubes because there are no stops and limited cell service for over 30 miles to the Junction Café. The Cafe is usually open with restrooms, food and water, but sometimes it is closed. (The nearby CDF Sweetwater station has a public restroom and furnishes water for riders on weekends.) We will return the way we came, enjoying a well-earned, long descent. We sometimes have strong headwinds for the last few miles so be sure to reserve a little energy just in case.

The PDF cue sheet is attached to this calendar event. Please print and bring your own copy.

RidewithGPS: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29067378

Rain, significant chance of rain or poor riding condition cancels. A ride cancellation email will be sent to https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics the morning of the ride if it is being cancelled (no email means the ride is on). If you are unsure of the ride status, call or text ride leader.

M: Barry Saeed, baruch.saeed@..., (510) 508-1187
M: Karen Tran: kltran@..., (510) 604-1661
M+ & B: Show & Go. Experienced riders, please bring a sign-in sheet and incident reporting form.