PRS #8 Calaveras Adventures

Donna Luporini Kaplan

Join us for PRS #8 this Sunday, February 23rd. Lots of climbing on this one: 59 miles, 3900 ft., with a coffee/lunch stop at about Mile 44.

  • Riders need to be self-sufficient: please bring water and snacks, and know how to change a flat tire.
  • Start location is downtown Niles:  Riders arriving by car are asked to park in the unpaved parking area south of the train station between I and J Streets.
  • Cue sheet is attached. Please print your own copy.
  • RideWithGPS URL:  https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29067155

Hope to see you there!

Donna, (415) 584-7621

Karen, (510) 604-1661

……………………………………………..

PRS #8: Calaveras Adventures

When     Sun, 23 February, 8:30am – 3:00pm

Where    H Street & Niles Boulevard, H St & Niles Blvd, Fremont, CA 94536, USA (map)

Description   Length: 59 miles; Elevation: 3915 feet
Terrain: 4; Pace: M, M+

NOTE FOR WEEKEND RIDES: Riders arriving by car are asked to park in the unpaved parking area south of the train station between I and J Streets.

Meet at 8:30 am for an 8:45 am start. We'll warm up with short climbs in Fremont and to the Dog Park at Ed Levin County Park. We'll then climb Calaveras Rd and Felter Rd to the summit at Sierra Vista Park. We'll turn around and ride back, with detours onto Marsh Rd, The Wall, and Sandy Wool Lake.  We'll stop for a well-deserved break at Starbucks/Noah's in Milpitas. (Bring money for coffee/snacks.)

Our coffee break is at mile 43.6 so bring plenty of water and snacks.  Don't expect cell phone service for long stretches.  Bring two tubes just in case!

Rain, significant chance of rain or poor riding condition cancels. A ride cancellation email will be sent to https://ffbc.groups.io/g/info/topics on the morning of the ride if it is being cancelled (no email means the ride is on). If you are unsure of the ride status, call or text ride leader.

M: Donna Kaplan:
luporini@..., (415) 584-7621
M: Karen Tran:
kltran@..., (510) 604-1661
M+ & B: Show & Go.  Experienced riders, please bring a
sign-in sheet and incident reporting form.